Chef's Plate and HelloFresh are designed to take the stress out of meal planning and this Chef's Plate VS HelloFresh comparison is designed to make it much easier to choose between them. Get a comprehensive overview of these companies’ crucial features and scroll down to discover the definite winner of the comparison.
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.35
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 9 areas in Canada
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.35
- Shipping Cost: $6.99 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Jennifer Dawson on 04/25/2019First, let me say the flavour of the meals were excellent and tasty, when delivered as indicated. We ordered 4 meals for 4 people and found there was enough food if we added a side of our own. My biggest complaint was that every meal with the exception of one had mouldy or rotten and on the way to rotten veggies. We ate the meals one each day upon delivery and the worse was the shredded carrots which were completely liquified and full of slime. The company offered to give us free meals with our next order but am not willing to spend more money to potentially get more of the same. For my first order, was very disappointed in the produce quality and will likely not spend $200. To find out if they can do better
- Submitted By Angela on 04/12/2019I just started using chef's plate , 3 orders. I have a number of very busy nurse friends using it so I thought I would try it out. This is the only meal delivery company that offers 2 meals which was perfect for me. So for me that is 4 to 5 meals. The serving are large . There is no waste , no shopping for meat, chicken and all the things that go with meals. Everything is all preped you just follow the recipes . I am a good cook , so I have added a few spices to kick it up for my taste. But not necessary. The food is fresh ,packed great , lots of choices ,delivery to your door. Perfect.
- Submitted By Mark Addelman on 12/19/2017There is nothing really wrong with the service, I guess I just thought that the meals be less… ordinary.
- Submitted By Stephen Fraser on 12/02/2017My girlfriend dumped me 7 ½ months ago and I had to start cooking on my own. A friend recommended Chef’s Plate and helped me solve the problem instantly. I now even enjoy cooking and the prices are really ok.
- Submitted By Alissa on 03/29/2019This is my first meal delivery service and I just finished my 2nd week and have loved every meal! There have been some meals that I look at the ingredients and think it is hardly going to make much but each meal has been at least 2 servings. And usually I get a lunch out of them too.I'm become a pescatarian and I have subbed one of the veggie meals each week with fish, which is great. There have some slight issues with a few of the bags but not a big deal and I think the instructions could be clearer. Prior to this I meal planned and grocery shopped on Sundays and made dinner every night, with some meals taking me forever to make. This service seems to have meals down to less than 30 mins and that is awesome.Also, the packaging is great. I appreciate the environmentally friendly packaging and even though I compost, it is definitely great to get exactly the right amount of veggies per meal (no more buying a bunch of scallions and only using 2).Having said all this, I have a feeling that I will get tired of the veggie options. There are only 3 choices each week but if you eat fish like I do, then you get an extra one. I feel there is too much dairy and rice, which is not something I normally eat much of. I love the service so far but may try another one at some point to change up my vegetarian options.
- Submitted By Melissa W on 03/19/2019I signed up using the promo of $80 off; $20 off my first four orders. I chose the 3-meal family plan and paid around $69 with discount applied. After choosing 3 meals, I cancelled the service because I had the same choices for the next week delivery; finding the 1st three was difficult due to picky eaters. When my box arrived everything was packaged very nicely; I truly love how things are portioned out! However, I did not receive anything I ordered. The cooking instructions did not belong to my ordered items, nor did they go with what was in the box. The bagged meals in the box were Beef Bulgogi Bowls, Lobster Ravioli and Tuscan Spaghetti, but we received no ravioli, no beef and no sausage for the spaghetti. I do have a couple of packages of ground pork, but they don’t go with anything in the box. I called customer service and was told that a credit would be applied to my account for another order, but in order to use the credit, I needed to reactivate my account and finish using the promo. To sum it up, I need to pay for 3 more delivery boxes in order to use my credit for the complety screwed up first order. I’m not sure who came up with their customer service guidelines, but that makes no sense and I won’t reactivating the account!
- Submitted By roger woodruff on 09/03/2018THEFT, DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE, if you dont choose a meal because you cant eat anything they have that week they just send you what ever they want to and charge you 49.92 for something you have to throw out and they dont care and wont give you your money back, if you dont choose you still get charged, thats theft i am going to sue them to make the news and let every one know how horrid they are and hopefully put them out of business. if they wont care about customers then they dont need any
- Submitted By Erin on 08/04/2018I love Hello Fresh! This is the best meal box I've ever used! The food is always fresh and high quality and the meals are delicious! I get the two meals for two people a week plan and I easily have 4 dinners. When I first opened the box, I thought there was no way those meals were big enough, but oh boy were they! Whenever I get tacos, I have enough meat and toppings for at least 3 meals! I am a very happy customer!
HelloFresh provides you with incredibly fresh ingredients and easy-to-follow recipes, helping you create tasty, home-cooked dishes without all the hassle of having to shop and plan. Find out more about this famous meal kit delivery service in our objective HelloFresh review.