If you would like to start eating healthier but do not have time to cook, meal delivery services may be the perfect solution to your problem! Check out or objective Chef's Plate VS Green Chef comparison to get a better idea of what these two services offer and determine which one is the right choice for you and your family.
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.35
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 9 areas in Canada
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.35
- Shipping Cost: $6.99
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Jennifer Dawson on 04/25/2019First, let me say the flavour of the meals were excellent and tasty, when delivered as indicated. We ordered 4 meals for 4 people and found there was enough food if we added a side of our own. My biggest complaint was that every meal with the exception of one had mouldy or rotten and on the way to rotten veggies. We ate the meals one each day upon delivery and the worse was the shredded carrots which were completely liquified and full of slime. The company offered to give us free meals with our next order but am not willing to spend more money to potentially get more of the same. For my first order, was very disappointed in the produce quality and will likely not spend $200. To find out if they can do better
- Submitted By Angela on 04/12/2019I just started using chef's plate , 3 orders. I have a number of very busy nurse friends using it so I thought I would try it out. This is the only meal delivery company that offers 2 meals which was perfect for me. So for me that is 4 to 5 meals. The serving are large . There is no waste , no shopping for meat, chicken and all the things that go with meals. Everything is all preped you just follow the recipes . I am a good cook , so I have added a few spices to kick it up for my taste. But not necessary. The food is fresh ,packed great , lots of choices ,delivery to your door. Perfect.
- Submitted By Mark Addelman on 12/19/2017There is nothing really wrong with the service, I guess I just thought that the meals be less… ordinary.
- Submitted By Stephen Fraser on 12/02/2017My girlfriend dumped me 7 ½ months ago and I had to start cooking on my own. A friend recommended Chef’s Plate and helped me solve the problem instantly. I now even enjoy cooking and the prices are really ok.
- Submitted By Eric L on 03/29/2019Terrible. Spoiled produce, please see my pics for the moldy tomatoes etc. Weird tasting recipes including “Malaysian Pork”, really? Malaysia is a Moslem country, can you be any more disrespectful to that religion?? Called customer service, they refused to provide a refund, just a credit—I really don’t want more of this nasty product so the credit is of no value. I will contact my local TV stations consumer reporter on the refund issue, but my recommendation on this company is to stay far away…
- Submitted By mark west on 06/12/2018First of all, GreenChef does not give you enough options to pick your own meals. Secondly, the recipe's were not very good. I canceled my subscription. SUNBASKET is much better and gives you more options.
- Submitted By Lindsey on 04/28/2018I was really excited for this meal delivery service; however, after two shipments I have to cancel. The first shipment was on time and packaged per individual meal as expected. The second shipment was almost two days late and when I opened the box, the meat was nearly room temperature. In addition, all other ingredients were just tossed in the box. Spices, vegetables, and meat was not separated. I had to throw it away since some of the packaging was leaking and I had no way of knowing if it was the tuna, chicken or any of the sauces. Then to top it all off, when I called Customer Service, they could only refund me for the late shipment and couldn't cancel my next shipment or refund me because a manager wasn't on duty. They also could not tell me when a manager would be back to authorize my request. At this point, I still don't know if my membership moving forward is actually cancelled or not. I'm still waiting for a phone call as promised. I would have wanted to give them another chance, but even the flavor of the meals I did try wasn't very impressive. All in all, this convenient service has proved not so convenient. I guess I'll be headed back to the grocery store tonight.
- Submitted By Rita Hardt on 02/01/2018For me, going keto was really hard and discovering Green Chef was a true blessing. I still miss all the carbs, but at least the meals I cook with GC taste like real food.
Whether you're looking for an organic, vegetarian or gourmet meal delivery service, Green Chef has you covered. It delivers pre-portioned ingredients and chef-created recipes to your doorstep whenever it suits you the most. You can enjoy great flexibility, eat a healthy diet, and help save the planet too. Read this Green Chef review to learn more.