No one understands how important it is to choose the right meal delivery service better than we do. That is why we are here to help you make the best possible choice. While both Yumi and Freshly offer delicious dishes and rather flexible subscriptions, there is much more to be considered before you make the final call. This Yumi VS Freshly comparison allows you to get to know these companies better, discover their greatest advantages and shortcomings, and of course, find out which one provides a bit higher quality of service.
- Average Price Per Meal: $4.19
- Shipping Cost: $0.00
- Delivery Area: 48 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.99
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 27 states
Compare Plans & Pricing
|Stages 1, 2, and 3|
|Meals per week||Price per meal||Price per week|
|Stage 4 (the Tot box)|
|Meals per week||Price per meal||Price per week|
|Meals per week||Price per week||Price per meal|
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Alicia Rogers on 05/09/2019Ok, so I really liked what this service sounded like. Ordering is as weird as described, not complicated but had I not read the review before, I would've been really surprised by all the inconsistencies and I wouldn't even be sure what to expect. This way, I did place an order in like 2 or 3 minutes, everything went relatively smoothly, and I got my delivery Wednesday afternoon. The jars were in good shape, all but one, whose lid looked funny, so I took a photo and sent it to Yumi to check if it's safe to eat. They said it looked perfectly normal to them and that was the end of it. We tried the blends, they tasted different that others but seemed fresh and healthy and after a bit convincing, my boy ate almost a whole jar at once. Now, I forgot to count the jars but thinking of it now I'm pretty sure there were 14, not 16 like listed at checkout. I sort of have mixed feelings about Yumi, because the blends are organic and all, but if you only puree about 4 ounces of beet, I'm not sure it should cost almost $5. Anyway, I'll wait till the next delivery before I decide if I want to cancel.
- Submitted By SunnyDays on 06/20/2019I've been enjoying Freshly for a few months now and have to say they have exceeded my expectations. The meals arrive fully cooked and are kept cool in a well insulated box with earth friendly gel packs to keep them at a refrigerated temperature. They can go right into your fridge for later or pop one in the microwave for about 3 minuets and your dinner is ready. If you don't think you'll be eating them within the designated time listed on the package you can just freeze them and eat them when you're ready. ...
- Submitted By Jennifer Charley on 05/22/2019I would love to give this company a good review as there food was nothing short of outstanding however, the delivery was terrible. 3 out of 5 deliveries were canceled last minute and I was not notified till the day of and in one case not at all. Which left me a busy single mom with no food to cook on a Monday night and no time to shop for the week. These meal plans are supposed to make our lives more simplified and be all about be convenience and instead freshly gave me several weeks of stress. I don’t care how good the food is if it’s not there to enjoy it it’s not worth it .
- Submitted By Suzanne Kloss on 05/07/2019Wish I could recommend Freshly, as their meals are tasty. (If I could go with taste alone, I'd give them 5.) But they are LOADED with sat fat, cholesterol, and sodium! As in sometimes 75% of the RDA (usually sat fat). If a meal isn't too bad in one area (say, sodium), it's way over the top bad in another (cholesterol or sodium). Although they tout their meals as nutritious, they really cannot be considered healthy with the high amounts of these 3 things.
- Submitted By John on 05/04/2019For the second time, Freshly cancelled our weekly order on the day of delivery. They are a hit and miss company. Talked to Customer service who did not care what-so-ever and in fact, when we cancelled our future orders, all she was ok!We had been considering trying someone else but today was the icing on the cake. Amazing that they didn't know this yesterday or two days ago. No, they wait until the day of delivery to cancel your delivery! Another reason for us cancelling anyway is the food looks nothing like the pictures. Honestly, some meals look like dog food all mashed into one small container of slop.I truly believe the ratings are not genuine, but from employees or anyone else they may give a promo to so they can get a good review in exchange. Do yourself a favor, look elsewhere!
Freshly is a Paleo-inspired meal delivery service that brings you protein-packed, chef-prepared meals that are sure to keep you feeling full and energized throughout the day. If you are thinking about giving Freshly meals a try, be sure to read our detailed review of Freshly and check out Freshly reviews written by more or less satisfied customers.