No one understands how important it is to choose the right meal delivery service better than we do. That is why we are here to help you make the best possible choice. While both Pete's Paleo and FreshDirect offer delicious dishes and rather flexible subscriptions, there is much more to be considered before you make the final call. This Pete's Paleo VS FreshDirect comparison allows you to get to know these companies better, discover their greatest advantages and shortcomings, and of course, find out which one provides a bit higher quality of service.
- Average Price Per Meal: $20.50
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 50 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $20.50
- Shipping Cost: $5.99 *
- Delivery Area: 6 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Allison on 05/19/2019Received a shipment a month or so ago that arrived warm. I mean this smelled bad inside the box. I threw the entire box away. Tried to get a refund, which turned into a massive ordeal. Sarah was so rude. We’ve ordered a ton from them in the past but I never will again in the future. For my family, customer service is the most important. If you’re big on customer service like I am, I would suggest finding meals elsewhere
- Submitted By Charles W. Burkett on 03/07/2019I've used this service for a while now and think that it's been been good. I had elected to try their double portions option and it was a good value as I received a double portion but not quite at double the price. The double portions, instead of coming in their traditional plastic plate, came in separate bags, which made it easy to use as much as you wanted and save the rest if you were not that hungry.I decided to order again, but received only the normal sized plastic plates. When I called to get the error corrected, I was informed that the plates which had the normal portions, were now holding the double portion.While there was a little for food stuffed onto the plates, it was not a double portion.I complained and had an email from Sarah, who identified herself as one of the owners, who basically told me that my eyes were wrong and it was a double portion.Obviously I'm disappointed for two reasons. One, the customer service is lacking but more importantly, two, that they would take advantage of a happy customer like this.Very disappointed.
- Submitted By Sevy Gambs on 01/01/2018I ordered my first shipment and did not realize the meals would be delivered not froze. One meal was partially frozen. I threw all meals away and asked my account be cancelled. I did not ask fr a refunds, as I threw the meals in the trash without fist calling and speaking with someone. I accept full responsibility for that mistake. However, I sent a total of 8 emails and three instant messages requesting cancellation of my account over a 3 day period without a response. I received an email letting me know my new order is being processed and my account has been charged. As a consumer Pete's Paleo website make it impossible to cancel ones account or stop shipment of an order without having to take additional time to submit an email or call. I can't speak to the quality of the meals, but do not recommend engaging their service unless you have time to dispute charges and take time out of your busy day to continuously follow-up with requests.
- Submitted By Aiden West on 07/05/201721-day sugar detox changed my life! I’ve lost 15 pounds on the first run and I’m preparing for another round! And after the first week I stopped having those monstrous pizza and candy cravings!
- Submitted By Henry Giles on 07/22/2017I’m a lazy guy, so this kind of store is exactly what I need. Groceries – they’ve got ‘em, meals – so many options, beer – hell yeah.
- Submitted By Laura Forbes on 05/05/2017Sure, it’s convenient, but it’s not as good as it’s hyped up to be.
- Submitted By Hannah Rogers 3.5 on 03/14/2017The food’s awesome, but it’s too pricy if you ask me.
Pete’s Paleo is a meal delivery service that is committed to providing amazing Paleo dishes made with superior organic ingredients. They offer great meal plans, ready-to-eat meals for two major Paleo programs, their own bone broth and bacon and useful reading material and YouTube videos for anyone who wants to learn more about Paleo diet and cooking.