Bring some freshness and creativity to your everyday meals by picking a great meal delivery service. Both services offer innovative and healthy meals at reasonable prices. Check out our comprehensive FreshDirect VS Home Bistro comparison to learn more about both services and choose the best option for your family.
- Average Price Per Meal: $12.50
- Shipping Cost: $6.99
- Delivery Area: 6 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $14.50
- Shipping Cost: $15.95-$59.95
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Henry Giles on 07/22/2017I’m a lazy guy, so this kind of store is exactly what I need. Groceries – they’ve got ‘em, meals – so many options, beer – hell yeah.
- Submitted By Laura Forbes on 05/05/2017Sure, it’s convenient, but it’s not as good as it’s hyped up to be.
- Submitted By Hannah Rogers 3.5 on 03/14/2017The food’s awesome, but it’s too pricy if you ask me.
- Submitted By Cheryl burgan on 01/15/2018My son purchased 10 meals for his grandmother on dec 24....still have not received meals or has any contact been made by company about delay. Just send a refund if you are not going to ship
- Submitted By Mary York on 01/06/2018As a 2017 Christmas gift we purchased a total of twelve meals for our son who is single and a military member stationed in NH. When we placed the order in late Nov, we specifically requested—both online and via a phone call to customer service—the order NOT be delivered until after Jan 01, 2018 because our son would not be home during the holidays. On Dec 19, however, I received an email from Home Bistro with a FedEx tracking number indicating the meals had been shipped and would arrive at our son’s apartment after he had already departed to spend the holidays out of state. I immediately notified HB of their screw up and was told either: 1) the food would just spoil while he was gone or 2) he could tell someone else about the shipment and they could have the food. Additionally, we were told by Home Bistro they would send out a second shipment of the same 12 meals after 01/01/2018, likely shipped Jan 2 and arriving to our son on Jan 5. Because of Home Bistro’s error, we had to reveal the gift to our son so that he could redirect the shipment (at his expense!!) to another military member so that the meals wouldn’t just spoil and go to waste. Here it is Jan 6 and no information on the second shipment of meals has been provided to me and despite me contacting Home Bistro to inquire what is the status, no one from Home Bistro has contacted me.
- Submitted By Gene Harvey on 11/22/2017I received a $100 gift certificate for Home Bistro. Their Web site was indeed difficult to maneuver and understand. I purchased their meal package Body Shred 2. The product arrived in good order. Packed very well. The portions are ridiculously small for the cost of the food. Hardly a full meal for a grown adult. The Super bowls are a complete joke. The packaging says Super Bowl weighs 9 ounces? They must include the weight the bowl and bowl cover because there is no way the portions were 9 ounces! Two of the meal boil in bags ruptured while gently boiling, as instructed. Overall the food was tasty but had to supplement a salad and vegetable to make a complete meal fit for an adult. They claim you might lose weight. You sure will because the portions are pathetic. Then there is the shipping costs! Nearly 30%, which is absurd! All that being said this service is way overpriced and the portions are skimpy. I will not be reordering.
- Submitted By Toni Kirkpatrick on 10/16/2017I purchased a gift certificate for my sister, who is elderly and preparing to move, so i thought healthy, prepared meals would be perfect. However, the first delivery was late because the address label got ripped off during transit. The food was finally delivered, but warm and spoiled. Then the make-up delivery was delivered on time, but it too was warm and spoiled. I’m not sure if the fault is in the fact the deliveries were made in a hot FedEx van in days the temps were in mid-90’s or poor packing preparations. Anyway they refunded my money after saying this “hasn’t happened to anyone else, and it’s happened twice to you, so we’re refunding the money” No apology, just the impression that they thought we were dishonest about the food being delivered warm and didn’t want to deal with us anymore. That’s fine because I’ll never deal with them again nor will I recommend them. It was truly a waste of time and effort.
Home Bistro is a one-stop-shop when it comes to ordering premium quality restaurant-grade cuisine. The food is prepared by a kitchen team led by a Certified Executive Chef and all the ingredients are chosen to ensure the highest possible standards in taste, as well as nutrition. The deliveries are fresh frozen and ready to eat in 10 minutes.