Bring some freshness and creativity to your everyday meals by picking a great meal delivery service. Both services offer innovative and healthy meals at reasonable prices. Check out our comprehensive Hungryroot VS Dinnerly comparison to learn more about both services and choose the best option for your family.
- Average Price Per Meal: $69.00
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $4.99
- Shipping Cost: $8.99
- Delivery Area: 29 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Zina Goodin on 02/04/2019I have been eating Hungryroot for about two months now. I love it! I look forward to seeing what will be in my next box and occasionally will change something on the order to another option. It's a good value and very healthy. I got the "good life" package for just me and eat the leftovers from the day before for breakfast or lunch the next day. It is enough food for a full week, two meals a day, for one person.
- Submitted By Rosie Whittle on 06/10/2018Just discovered Hungryroots, a colleague brought their pad thai fried rice to work and it looked real good so we shared. I can’t remember having a better meal ever since I switched to plant based. I ordered the starter set today, if everything is as good as the rice, I’m getting a lifetime subscription :D
- Submitted By Joey Nash on 04/18/2018Everything great except for the portions, could be larger. I can eat the whole meal myself and it’s supposed to be 2 servings.
- Submitted By Lisa Henderson on 04/15/2018Got my first box yesterday, loved the packaging and everything looked and smelled really nice. I was just surprised that there are such great differences in taste and quality among meals, some were awesome and some just meh. But I guess it takes a couple of orders to figure out what you like.
- Submitted By Yovanna on 02/22/20196 meal options? Am I missing something? I’ve been a Dinnerly member for nearly a year and I’ve NEVER had more than three dinner items offered. It’s those 3 or nothing. Where are you finding 6?
- Submitted By Annie Nau on 02/20/2019My husband and I have used Dinnerly for a few months now, and we love it. They've greatly improved their packaging and they now have 8 meals to choose from each week (up from 6). There have been only two times when ingredients were missing, but an email to Dinnerly gave us a credit towards the next box. We noticed this happened more often when we first started using it - the last few weeks we've had every ingredient. We've enjoyed most of the recipes - just a couple we didn't care for. For the price it's amazing and if you've had a negative experience in the past, I would recommend trying it again.
- Submitted By Bonny A Pesch on 02/05/2019I just received my first box. It was opened late afternoon the day it was received. It was not well packed. Everything was thrown in the box with no packing so things were thrown all around. Buns do not travel well with a big potato, a big carrot, an onion, a big bag of frozen ice pack and meat and other hard veggies. The green beans were starting to go bad, with black spots on them. They will have to be tossed. Two of the little containers with contents were smashed but still usable. I did bring it to their attention and got a $5 credit. Considering shipping is $8.95, I won't be ordering again.
- Submitted By Linda L on 11/09/2018I have been checking out all the top services, in the end Dinnerly is the one that surprises me most with top notch, home friendly tastes yet professional flavors. Their products, prep extras and quality are the same the other home meal companies use, top notch meats, fresh, beautiful produce and everything it takes to cook them with . No skimp there. Some of the companies were sorely lacking in flavor so you "made it your own", one of the most expensive even suggested you do so. Another popular home meal company had such little imagination the best they could do was to lemon everything to death then serve with tiresome vinegar and oil dressing for their salads. The reason I checked with so many was to find a company that was worth my grocery budget, taste, easiness to prepare, time spent prepping, then running from stove to oven to plate. Dinnerly has always had the easiest for me in every category. I love this company and plan on using it for my provider. They deserve a high rating.
Dinnerly is the latest addition to the meal kit market, created for all those who wanted to give meal kits a try but found the usual prices to be too high. Inspired by numerous positive Dinnerly reviews, we have decided to explore the Dinnerly menu, subscriptions, and pricing and discover all the reasons for this company’s fast-growing popularity.