You no longer have to spend hours in the kitchen to eat healthy, delicious meals. Nowadays, you can order your food from meal delivery services and enjoy high-quality meals at affordable prices. Not sure whether Chef's Plate or Dinnerly can better meet your needs? This Chef's Plate VS Dinnerly comparison can help you make an informed decision!
- Price Range: $$
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.35
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 9 areas in Canada
- Price Range: $
- Average Price Per Meal: $4.80
- Shipping Cost: $8.99
- Delivery Area: 29 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Jennifer Dawson on 04/25/2019First, let me say the flavour of the meals were excellent and tasty, when delivered as indicated. We ordered 4 meals for 4 people and found there was enough food if we added a side of our own. My biggest complaint was that every meal with the exception of one had mouldy or rotten and on the way to rotten veggies. We ate the meals one each day upon delivery and the worse was the shredded carrots which were completely liquified and full of slime. The company offered to give us free meals with our next order but am not willing to spend more money to potentially get more of the same. For my first order, was very disappointed in the produce quality and will likely not spend $200. To find out if they can do better
- Submitted By Angela on 04/12/2019I just started using chef's plate , 3 orders. I have a number of very busy nurse friends using it so I thought I would try it out. This is the only meal delivery company that offers 2 meals which was perfect for me. So for me that is 4 to 5 meals. The serving are large . There is no waste , no shopping for meat, chicken and all the things that go with meals. Everything is all preped you just follow the recipes . I am a good cook , so I have added a few spices to kick it up for my taste. But not necessary. The food is fresh ,packed great , lots of choices ,delivery to your door. Perfect.
- Submitted By Mark Addelman on 12/19/2017There is nothing really wrong with the service, I guess I just thought that the meals be less… ordinary.
- Submitted By Stephen Fraser on 12/02/2017My girlfriend dumped me 7 ½ months ago and I had to start cooking on my own. A friend recommended Chef’s Plate and helped me solve the problem instantly. I now even enjoy cooking and the prices are really ok.
- Submitted By Natalie R on 08/28/2019My box was shipped to CA, but I live in TX. I asked to be credited for this, but was denied three times. I loved the food and recipes. I probably would have been a loyal costumer for years. But, I don’t feel comfortable supporting a company that doesn’t follow good business standards. It’s such a shame.
- Submitted By Tracy-lee Barker on 08/04/2019Up to my second box and husband and I loving the meals so far, was missing broccoli in my second box, bit disappointing but luckily had some in the fridge. Apart from missing product am happy with the quality so far.
- Submitted By Alex on 07/08/2019I'm surprised by all of the negative reviews. For the price I feel Dinnerly does a great job. Many recipes star beef or pork which I no longer consume, but they now offer 14 recipes per week and I can almost always can find 3 recipes that fit my wants. I find that each recipe for 2 creates 3 or 4 meals- especially if u choose to bulk up a recipe with something u have on hand(fried egg, side of veggies etc.). Being single and not wanting to cook nor shop/meal-plan daily this kit has been perfect for me. Meals always turn out better than they look in the Dinnerly image. I like a few other kits as well, sunbasket and green chef. But I order from Dinnerly more than any other provider.
- Submitted By Kerri on 06/12/2019There are a lot of things that I like about Dinnerly (the price, often times the meals, etc) but there is one major, glaring problem with Dinnerly - I have yet to receive a box that is not missing at least 1 ingredient. Now, to be fair, I always call and they credit me $3 or $5 for the inconvenience but at least once, the omission was major enough that we could not make the meal. I think we have gotten 5 or 6 boxes so far so this isn’t just a one time thing. I also dislike that they do not include paper instructions like you get with many other delivery services (granted, I can appreciate that they are trying to cut costs here). I find their recipes a bit hard to follow as is - they don’t flow well to me. Some of the ingredients are not labeled which can make things tricky. That being said, this is the first meal delivery service where my husband and I both agree that the portion size is very appropriate for a single person. I also have enjoyed just about every meal we have made. There have been a few weeks where none of the meals appealed to me but I am a bit pickier than the normal person so it may not be an issue for others.
Dinnerly is the latest addition to the meal kit market, created for all those who wanted to give meal kits a try but found the usual prices to be too high. Inspired by numerous positive Dinnerly reviews, we have decided to explore the Dinnerly menu, subscriptions, and pricing and discover all the reasons for this company’s fast-growing popularity.