We have had the pleasure to taste the amazing meals offered by both One Potato and Chef's Plate and we completely understand if you are having a hard time deciding between the two. In this One Potato VS Chef's Plate comparison, we highlight all the strong and weak points of these two popular services in order to help you find out which one better suits your individual needs and which one is objectively superior to the other.
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.13
- Shipping Cost: $7.99 *
- Delivery Area: 8 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.35
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 9 areas in Canada
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Erica on 05/11/2018The meals are yummy, easy and the kids love it. I agree with a previous review. We have missing ingredients and one shipment, we were were sent the wrong meal kit entirely. We were supposed to have a salmon meal, we got the salmon but the kit was for burgers.
- Submitted By Kristin on 04/22/2018We were excited about this as an organic option and the packaging was a little less plastic-intensive, but this is some of the worst tasting food we've ever had! Even the cookies/cookie dough was awful. Spaghetti sauce was like plain tomato sauce. The fixings for the burgers all tasted bad as well. They need to get a real chef on board.
- Submitted By Summer Schenck on 03/22/2018The meals are good for a meal delivery service but I have had 4/10 boxes arrive with missing ingredients. Sometimes its not that big a deal because it is cilantro or mint but last week it was cashews for orange chicken which caused a undated trip to the grocery store. I send in notes to the company hoping it will get better but it doesn't appear to be improving.
- Submitted By Laura Marshall on 01/22/2018No words can explain how happy we are we discovered One Potato. The kids love that they can help around the kitchen and clean the plate every time, even ask for seconds and I’m just happy I can stop worrying about what to cook next.
- Submitted By Jennifer Dawson on 04/25/2019First, let me say the flavour of the meals were excellent and tasty, when delivered as indicated. We ordered 4 meals for 4 people and found there was enough food if we added a side of our own. My biggest complaint was that every meal with the exception of one had mouldy or rotten and on the way to rotten veggies. We ate the meals one each day upon delivery and the worse was the shredded carrots which were completely liquified and full of slime. The company offered to give us free meals with our next order but am not willing to spend more money to potentially get more of the same. For my first order, was very disappointed in the produce quality and will likely not spend $200. To find out if they can do better
- Submitted By Angela on 04/12/2019I just started using chef's plate , 3 orders. I have a number of very busy nurse friends using it so I thought I would try it out. This is the only meal delivery company that offers 2 meals which was perfect for me. So for me that is 4 to 5 meals. The serving are large . There is no waste , no shopping for meat, chicken and all the things that go with meals. Everything is all preped you just follow the recipes . I am a good cook , so I have added a few spices to kick it up for my taste. But not necessary. The food is fresh ,packed great , lots of choices ,delivery to your door. Perfect.
- Submitted By Mark Addelman on 12/19/2017There is nothing really wrong with the service, I guess I just thought that the meals be less… ordinary.
- Submitted By Stephen Fraser on 12/02/2017My girlfriend dumped me 7 ½ months ago and I had to start cooking on my own. A friend recommended Chef’s Plate and helped me solve the problem instantly. I now even enjoy cooking and the prices are really ok.
Chef’s Plate is one of the finer meal kit services in Canada. It offers fresh, natural ingredients and innovative recipes that allow home cooks to create amazing dishes in even less than half an hour. It is great for couples and families or even a single hearty eater. Discover its menu, pricing, and other particulars in this Chef’s Plate review.