If you would like to start eating healthier but do not have time to cook, meal delivery services may be the perfect solution to your problem! Check out or objective Hungryroot VS Chef'd comparison to get a better idea of what these two services offer and determine which one is the right choice for you and your family.
- Average Price Per Meal: $69.00
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.00
- Shipping Cost: $ *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Zina Goodin on 02/04/2019I have been eating Hungryroot for about two months now. I love it! I look forward to seeing what will be in my next box and occasionally will change something on the order to another option. It's a good value and very healthy. I got the "good life" package for just me and eat the leftovers from the day before for breakfast or lunch the next day. It is enough food for a full week, two meals a day, for one person.
- Submitted By Rosie Whittle on 06/10/2018Just discovered Hungryroots, a colleague brought their pad thai fried rice to work and it looked real good so we shared. I can’t remember having a better meal ever since I switched to plant based. I ordered the starter set today, if everything is as good as the rice, I’m getting a lifetime subscription :D
- Submitted By Joey Nash on 04/18/2018Everything great except for the portions, could be larger. I can eat the whole meal myself and it’s supposed to be 2 servings.
- Submitted By Lisa Henderson on 04/15/2018Got my first box yesterday, loved the packaging and everything looked and smelled really nice. I was just surprised that there are such great differences in taste and quality among meals, some were awesome and some just meh. But I guess it takes a couple of orders to figure out what you like.
- Submitted By PamPasld on 07/20/2018I have been trying to reach Chef'd for two days via their customer service number, emails, and facebook. No answer and my order last month was late and is not even here this month. Are they closed? A company who won't even answer their customer service number. Beware before you buy from them. Call them to see if they are still even in existance.
- Submitted By Lois Cantrell on 02/09/2018I’ve been looking for a service like this for years, the meals are so gorgeous and easy to cook. I’d also like to know where they get the ingredients, it’s like they shop on a different planet.
- Submitted By Georgina Lansford on 01/19/2018It’s not exactly cheap but sooooo many options! I want to try them aaaaaallll!
- Submitted By Amy on 01/07/2018I've tried Blue Apron and Hello Fresh, and Chef'd is my favorite. While I do think the Chef'd meals take a little more cooking skill (ie, not for novices or people who don't know how to cook), the flavors and quality have been so much better -- and the selection is much much broader. I've been doing it for about a year now and the New York Times recipe plan has been so fun -- never would have tried cooking lamb otherwise!
Hungryroot is a vegan meal kit service that offers ready-made and ready-to-cook plant-based food, ranging from scrumptious veggie tacos to irresistible raw cookie dough. In this detailed Hungryroot review, we discover what it is like to cook with this meal kit service and explore its vast selection of veggie meals, snacks, and desserts.