You no longer have to spend hours in the kitchen to eat healthy, delicious meals. Nowadays, you can order your food from meal delivery services and enjoy high-quality meals at affordable prices. Not sure whether Prepko or Blue Apron can better meet your needs? This Prepko VS Blue Apron comparison can help you make an informed decision!
- Average Price Per Meal: $120.00
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 3 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.20
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 50 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Leah Ehrmann on 07/12/2018Never a single problem with Prepko and it's certified so I know everything is really kosher. More veggie options would be nice though.
- Submitted By Adam Aderman on 04/22/2018We usually order once or twice a month. At first, it seemed a bit expensive, but according to my wife's calculations, we actually save money when we order from Prepko so I guess it's fine. To be honest, I didn't love every dish we tried so far, but I do not love everything my wife makes anyway and it definitely beats grocery shopping, so overall, 4 out of 5 stars seems fair to me.
- Submitted By Jan on 09/04/2018I have been using Blue Apron for about 10 months now. The ingredients are always fresh. The recipes have been delicious. And the variety and portion sizes make BA a top meal delivery service. I would recommend BA to anyone looking to cook healthy meal options. I love BA and can't imagine what I'd do without them now. I can't remember how we cooked prior to BA. Our meal planning before BA was so blah now that I think about it. Sign up for BA and you really will be glad you gave them a try.
- Submitted By Diana on 07/19/2018I've had two deliveries from Blue Apron so far and a third on the way, but I cancelled to check out Home Chef, of which I got my first box yesterday. I switched from BA because 1) I got zucchini in all three meals last week (I didn't bother to check out the detailed ingredients, so my bad) and because 2) BA doesn't have as many weekly choices as Home Chef. That said, I was sorely disappointed in the quality of Home Chef's veggies compared to Blue Apron's. I still have another box of BA coming and I'll give HC a few week's chance before I decide my final "go-to." I've been cooking from scratch for years and I shop at a "high-end" grocery store. I spend so much money a week on my elaborate meal plan, that these meal delivery services seemed more economical to me. So, depending on how you grocery shop and cook, this could actually save you money and leave you with less food waste. All in all, I was happy with the quality of BA's ingredients. Packaging is great. Recipe cards are easy to follow. It's all good stuff. I'd just like more variety each week, especially in the beef department. And less zucchini,
- Submitted By Rachel Nobs on 04/18/2018Blue Apron has totally changed my life. The food is fresh the recipes are surprising and my family is so happy that I am cooking dinner for them three nights a week. Every year I worry that blue apron will stop sending me food, and then I don't know what I will do. Three cheers for Blue Apron.
- Submitted By Valerie on 03/13/2018Very unhappy with this company. Even after you stop your delivery, they charge you again and you get food you do not want, won't eat and they won't refund your money. Buyer beware.
Blue Apron is a meal delivery service geared toward suiting your particular eating preferences, so you have a lot of freedom when it comes to choosing your ingredients. It focuses on responsible food and animal growing practices, which sets it apart from other meal kit deliveries. Read our Blue Apron review to discover if it is the right service for you.