Bring some freshness and creativity to your everyday meals by picking a great meal delivery service. Both services offer innovative and healthy meals at reasonable prices. Check out our comprehensive Chef's Plate VS Blue Apron comparison to learn more about both services and choose the best option for your family.
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.35
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 9 areas in Canada
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.20
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 50 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mark Addelman on 12/19/2017There is nothing really wrong with the service, I guess I just thought that the meals be less… ordinary.
- Submitted By Stephen Fraser on 12/02/2017My girlfriend dumped me 7 ½ months ago and I had to start cooking on my own. A friend recommended Chef’s Plate and helped me solve the problem instantly. I now even enjoy cooking and the prices are really ok.
- Submitted By Martha Evans on 11/12/2017Food allergies are a real thing and there are many people who are allergic to gluten, dairy, etc. I don’t see how you expect to get a lot of customers if you refuse to offer allergen-free meals.
- Submitted By Fiona Pool on 10/27/2017Pretty good, a nice discount every now and then wouldn’t hurt.
- Submitted By Jan on 09/04/2018I have been using Blue Apron for about 10 months now. The ingredients are always fresh. The recipes have been delicious. And the variety and portion sizes make BA a top meal delivery service. I would recommend BA to anyone looking to cook healthy meal options. I love BA and can't imagine what I'd do without them now. I can't remember how we cooked prior to BA. Our meal planning before BA was so blah now that I think about it. Sign up for BA and you really will be glad you gave them a try.
- Submitted By Diana on 07/19/2018I've had two deliveries from Blue Apron so far and a third on the way, but I cancelled to check out Home Chef, of which I got my first box yesterday. I switched from BA because 1) I got zucchini in all three meals last week (I didn't bother to check out the detailed ingredients, so my bad) and because 2) BA doesn't have as many weekly choices as Home Chef. That said, I was sorely disappointed in the quality of Home Chef's veggies compared to Blue Apron's. I still have another box of BA coming and I'll give HC a few week's chance before I decide my final "go-to." I've been cooking from scratch for years and I shop at a "high-end" grocery store. I spend so much money a week on my elaborate meal plan, that these meal delivery services seemed more economical to me. So, depending on how you grocery shop and cook, this could actually save you money and leave you with less food waste. All in all, I was happy with the quality of BA's ingredients. Packaging is great. Recipe cards are easy to follow. It's all good stuff. I'd just like more variety each week, especially in the beef department. And less zucchini,
- Submitted By Rachel Nobs on 04/18/2018Blue Apron has totally changed my life. The food is fresh the recipes are surprising and my family is so happy that I am cooking dinner for them three nights a week. Every year I worry that blue apron will stop sending me food, and then I don't know what I will do. Three cheers for Blue Apron.
- Submitted By Valerie on 03/13/2018Very unhappy with this company. Even after you stop your delivery, they charge you again and you get food you do not want, won't eat and they won't refund your money. Buyer beware.
Blue Apron is a meal delivery service geared toward suiting your particular eating preferences, so you have a lot of freedom when it comes to choosing your ingredients. It focuses on responsible food and animal growing practices, which sets it apart from other meal kit deliveries. Read our Blue Apron review to discover if it is the right service for you.