Bring some freshness and creativity to your everyday meals by picking a great meal delivery service. Both services offer innovative and healthy meals at reasonable prices. Check out our comprehensive Chef's Plate VS Blue Apron comparison to learn more about both services and choose the best option for your family.
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.35
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 9 areas in Canada
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.35
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Jennifer Dawson on 04/25/2019First, let me say the flavour of the meals were excellent and tasty, when delivered as indicated. We ordered 4 meals for 4 people and found there was enough food if we added a side of our own. My biggest complaint was that every meal with the exception of one had mouldy or rotten and on the way to rotten veggies. We ate the meals one each day upon delivery and the worse was the shredded carrots which were completely liquified and full of slime. The company offered to give us free meals with our next order but am not willing to spend more money to potentially get more of the same. For my first order, was very disappointed in the produce quality and will likely not spend $200. To find out if they can do better
- Submitted By Angela on 04/12/2019I just started using chef's plate , 3 orders. I have a number of very busy nurse friends using it so I thought I would try it out. This is the only meal delivery company that offers 2 meals which was perfect for me. So for me that is 4 to 5 meals. The serving are large . There is no waste , no shopping for meat, chicken and all the things that go with meals. Everything is all preped you just follow the recipes . I am a good cook , so I have added a few spices to kick it up for my taste. But not necessary. The food is fresh ,packed great , lots of choices ,delivery to your door. Perfect.
- Submitted By Mark Addelman on 12/19/2017There is nothing really wrong with the service, I guess I just thought that the meals be less… ordinary.
- Submitted By Stephen Fraser on 12/02/2017My girlfriend dumped me 7 ½ months ago and I had to start cooking on my own. A friend recommended Chef’s Plate and helped me solve the problem instantly. I now even enjoy cooking and the prices are really ok.
- Submitted By LISA on 03/23/2019I have tried many different delivery services. I love to cook and have no problems in the kitchen, however sometimes shopping and planning...well there is no time. I love that you can choose which recipes you like which meats ect. Why better than fast food and takes just about the same time. things I would like they change, less pots to clean, and tripe the veggies in each recipe; CUSTOMER SERCVICE IS THE BEST. However I wish they would not send a box unless I order, trying to remember to cancel for the week because I wont be home is something
- Submitted By Virginia Cole 11/28/2018When I first started using Blue Apron, I was amazed! The meals were delicious, flavorful, and very easy to prepare. We slowly switched to eating Blue Apron meals six days every single week and it was all great until a couple of months ago when they started sending the shipments late and missing the ingredients. Sometimes they don’t pack a garnish or a spice which isn’t a deal breaker but I’ve missed main ingredients a couple of times as well. Hope Blue Apron ups their game since I would really hate to switch companies after such pleasant experiences in the past.
- Submitted By Jan on 09/04/2018I have been using Blue Apron for about 10 months now. The ingredients are always fresh. The recipes have been delicious. And the variety and portion sizes make BA a top meal delivery service. I would recommend BA to anyone looking to cook healthy meal options. I love BA and can't imagine what I'd do without them now. I can't remember how we cooked prior to BA. Our meal planning before BA was so blah now that I think about it. Sign up for BA and you really will be glad you gave them a try.
- Submitted By Diana on 07/19/2018I've had two deliveries from Blue Apron so far and a third on the way, but I cancelled to check out Home Chef, of which I got my first box yesterday. I switched from BA because 1) I got zucchini in all three meals last week (I didn't bother to check out the detailed ingredients, so my bad) and because 2) BA doesn't have as many weekly choices as Home Chef.That said, I was sorely disappointed in the quality of Home Chef's veggies compared to Blue Apron's. I still have another box of BA coming and I'll give HC a few week's chance before I decide my final "go-to."I've been cooking from scratch for years and I shop at a "high-end" grocery store. I spend so much money a week on my elaborate meal plan, that these meal delivery services seemed more economical to me. So, depending on how you grocery shop and cook, this could actually save you money and leave you with less food waste.All in all, I was happy with the quality of BA's ingredients. Packaging is great. Recipe cards are easy to follow. It's all good stuff. I'd just like more variety each week, especially in the beef department. And less zucchini,
Blue Apron is a meal delivery service geared toward suiting your particular eating preferences, so you have a lot of freedom when it comes to choosing your ingredients. It focuses on responsible food and animal growing practices, which sets it apart from other meal kit deliveries. Read our Blue Apron review to discover if it is the right service for you.