Choosing between Mom's Meals and Bistro MD, you are faced with a rather difficult task. Both services have unique qualities that make them highly popular among hungry customers nationwide. However, that does not mean that the choice is impossible to make, as one of these services does have a bit more to offer. Our Mom's Meals VS Bistro MD comparison below allows you to discover what it is that makes these two services different from each other, as well as which one constitutes a better choice.
- Average Price Per Meal: $6.99
- Shipping Cost: $14.95
- Delivery Area: 48 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.50
- Shipping Cost: $19.95
- Delivery Area: 50 states
Compare Plans & Pricing
|Mom's Meals Pricing|
|Meal||Price per meal|
|Days per week||Price||Price per meal|
|7||$179.95 (first week $134.96)||$8.99|
|5||$149.95 (first week $112.46)||$9.99|
|Lunches and Dinners|
|Days per week||Price||Price per meal|
|7||$149.95 (first week $112.46)||$10.71|
|5||$119.95 (first week $89.96)||$11.99|
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Teresa appleton on 09/21/2018Love moms meals. Food is great. Im not going to be rude buy the people giving bad rude reviews need to cook their own meals . or go to a drive thru. How about try meals on wheels. You all complain and complain. Go buy food elsewhere.
- Submitted By Sam on 07/10/2018Worst customer service - they are, actually, HOSTILE, NASY, RUDE, just AWFUL. Constant problems with delivery. Meals are too sugary, not for diabetics, like me. Don't go with this company!
- Submitted By joan lane on 06/22/2018Customer service with this company leaves a great deal to be desired. Representatives were short and confusing and gave me confusing and wrong information. I'm on a waiver program that provides the meals. I called to get information on placing an order and was told I could order over the phone or online or via fax. I asked about a diabetic menu...was told they didn't have one....then found one when I went to place the order online. So I selected my order, when to check out and it asked for payment information. I called back to customer service to find out how to proceed and was told as a waiver client I couldn't order online. Exasperated, I started to give my order over the phone only to be told I couldn't order some of the items because the diabetic menu was only available in certain locations. I literally had a headache and was so confused by the time I hung up the phone.
- Submitted By mimi on 07/27/2018I'm diabetic as well. What is the waiver program though? How can I get it?
- Submitted By John Attenbury on 06/07/2018This is really good food made with high quality ingredients. I like that it's a dr designed plan, as my dr told me that I need to lose 30 pounds to fall into a healthy(er) BMI. Couldn't be more pleased with the customer service, as I initially thought that I wasn't going to be home in time to accept my delivery (traveling for work) but they helped make sure that it was taken care of so I would be home when it arrived. Really pleased overall. Maybe 3-4 meals on the menu were terrible, but the rest were very good. I'm a long term customer for sure. One last thing... Don't get at all what the review from Nan says about the meals having artificial ingredients and loaded with preservatives. Was surprised and pleased that I could easily identify the ingredients on the labels. I didn't see anything that fits the bill that Nan described, but maybe I didn't get the same meals? Really doubt that my experience and theirs could be be that different on such a specific thing as quality of ingredients.
- Submitted By Nan Down on 06/05/2018The food is absolutely disgusting. Do not order this product under any circumstances. The abundance of positive reviews are fake and should not be believed. The food comes old, frozen and loaded with additives/preservatives and is certainly not cooked by a real chef. It is very unhealthy and tastes terrible. I honestly couldn't give any of it away and ended up throwing it all out in the garbage. I tried to get my money back within the legal amount of time that they should be required to refund me and they refused. They told me that it was my fault for not reading the fine print and looking at the ingredients first. You are better off buying any frozen meal product over this, which i would be cheaper and taste better. This is a scam. Don't do it.
- Submitted By Dana Stokes on 12/19/2017If I had to describe Bistro MD meals in one word, the word I’d use would be bland. Sure, it’s supposed to be healthy, low-sodium and what not, but no one is going to die if you use enough salt to make the meals taste good.
- Submitted By Doug Pagan on 12/19/2017Really convenient, quite affordable and also quite tasty, but sometimes the meals are watery because of the freezing, not exactly perfect.
BistroMD prepares meals designed for your individual weight loss program and delivers them to your door. A team led by a board-certified medical practitioner with more than 20 years of experience creates the perfect combination of nutritionally optimized and tasty meals for your diet plan. All you have to do is finally enjoy losing weight.